Thursday, October 19, 2017

2017 Koningsdam Voyage Day 1, Ft Lauderdale

Well, the time had finally arrived……  a new adventure awaits.  The trip didn’t start out too well compliments of the incompetent staff at the Hyatt Place Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.  After dinner with Brad & Gloria, we went to the hotel so I could check in.  Imagine my surprise when they told me they had a reservation for me at another hotel.  They gave my room away! I had this reservation since last May so I was pretty pissed.  They assured me that everything was taken care of so off we went to the new hotel.  Got there and they never heard of me….  It went downhill from there.  I would not recommend anyone stay at the Hyatt Place, ever...  Ok, rant over….  It was great finally getting onboard the Koningsdam.  My initial impression is very, very  positive.  The staff is exceptional.  Dinner was great, so nice to see chef Daniel again…  My cabin stewards are on top of everything making the move in very easy.  Today is very wet and windy but that’s OK, it’s just nice to relax in the Cabana with Brad & Gloria. 

 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry for the Hiccup to start out, but glad you are on your way! The ship looks very nice and glad services is on point! Safe travels and thanks again for all the effort to take us along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff, What a horrible beginning to a new adventure. Just because Halloween is around the corner is no reason to add horror to the trip. May that be the end of your troubles.
    Thanks so much for all the ship pictures, especially the BigLift.
    Glad everything on the ship is going well. It certainly is big enough for you to get you hiking done on board.
    Been on the Oosterdam, which I enjoyed but the size of the Maasdam and Veendam are more to my liking.
    Thanks again for all the pictures and it's nice to see Gloria and Brad are along too. Enjoy.

    BVH-Groton, Ct

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready to enjoy another adventure with you whenever you feel like posting. Always love following your voyages. Aloha from Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! On board and onward to a grand adventure. Fantastic photos which are greatly appreciated.

    All three of you looking happy and relaxed: how great is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, thanks for all the photos of the Koningsdam, looks like a beauty!!! Bon Voyage!! I can feel your excitement. Getting the itch to sail myself just looking at the pictures. Duly noted on the Hyatt Plaza. Beachlady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahoy Jeff, So glad to see your BLOG today. Now I know I will have nearly 6 months of following you around the world. Love the pics. FLL looks pretty good after all the storms. It will be interesting to see ports we don't usually see when the Big 3 ports are out of commission. Please know that you are greatly appreciated by me and my friends. Bonnevoyage and have a Diet Coke for me!!!!!! Nora in Vancouver, BC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff,

    Thanks for the photo of you, Brad and Gloria....three of our table mates from a 2010 segment. You were seasoned sailors back then so I can only imagine how many days you collectively now have at sea....and still counting! Hope you guys have a wonderful cruise.

    Bill and Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeff: Thanks for doing the blogs again. It is much appreciated to go on the computer every day and see the pictures that you post. Will be on the WC with you so I will thank you in person then.
    Paul and Donna

    ReplyDelete