Thursday, October 20, 2016

Tales of the South Pacific, Day 25, Apia, Samoa (Part 1 of 2)

Another magnificent sail into another beautiful port, Apia, Samoa….  My plan was just to explore the town and get a fair amount of walking in at the same time.  I ran into fellow President’s Club Member, Janet Purser who was walking around town so she joined me on my little adventure.  First we checked out the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception or in Samoan, Malumalu O Maria Imakulata….  From the outside the Cathedral is breathtaking but on the inside it is beyond beautiful.  It has to be the most spectacular Cathedral in the South Pacific…  just amazing.  We also happened to be at the right place at the right time for the Police marching by, quite impressive.  We continued walking around town talking with folks and eventually making our way to the markets….  First was the Craft Market where I picked up my magnificent hat…  I’m sure you all agree!  Then we spent a lot of time visiting with all the folks there in the building, Crafts, fruits, vegetables, etc.…  I even bought a couple of kilos of Habaneros for the guys back at the ship.  We had such fun at the market it was tough to leave but there was the fish market to consider.  Here we also had a great time chatting it up with the folks and having a few laughs.  It turned out to be just an amazing day, I’m sure it was a different kind of day for Janet going on a “Jeff” tour.  This blog is in two parts, this is part one.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment