Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tales of the South Pacific, Day 17, Kona, Hawaii

Went ashore early to avoid the crowds and basically just meandered around Kona, stopping in countless shops….  I did stop a couple of time for a food and diet coke break but otherwise kept walking.  Once I had my fill of Kona for the day I headed back to the pier to catch the tender back to the ship when I noticed a very, very large tortoise near the sea wall.  I was lucky enough to get a few nice photos which I just loved and then….  After heading out to the pool, back on the ship, a huge number of dolphins swam by…  nice day for nature.  Now we have a couple of sea days before we hit our next port, Tabuaeran, aka Fanning Island.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Mahalo nui loa for the wonderful pictures of the Hawaiian Islands. .can never choose my favorites. ....flowers,people, birds, landscapes,sunrises,sunsets, etc...but,why bother choosing. ..keep them all coming ..Beachlady

    ReplyDelete